Aerohive is looking forward to spending time with our customers and prospects at the Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC) next week in Orlando, FL, where educators and industry leaders join together to learn how innovative technology is empowering the students of today to create the world of tomorrow. The classroom technology experience has seen a major shift in the last decade. Between tablets, Chromebooks, connected displays, and wearable technology, the device per student ratio has exploded. Having an enterprise grade Wi-Fi network that is simple to manage, easy to secure, and can grow with your needs has never been more important for education environments.
Aerohive enables mobility in a simple, secure, and scalable manner, with a unique distributed control Wi-Fi and wired solution, combined with a cloud services platform that makes it easier to manage your network and connect staff, students and visitors.
Join Aerohive at FETC to discuss your current Wi-Fi needs and your future upgrades (802.11ax / WiFi6).
What: Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC) 2019
When: January 27th-30th, 2019
Where: Orlando, FL
Who: Technology Directors, Teachers, and School Leaders
Note: For nearly 40 years, the Future of Education Technology Conference has gathered the most dynamic and creative education professionals from around the world for an intensive, highly collaborative exploration of new technologies, best practices and pressing issues.
Aerohive at FETC
Booth #: 357
Wi-Fi Feud is Back!
Aerohive is bringing our exciting game of Wi-Fi Feud at Booth #357, and we’re inviting you to be a contestant! We’ll play a round of Wi-Fi Feud in which contestants can test their Wi-Fi knowledge, win great prizes, and have tons of fun! Stop by the booth for the game schedule.
Stop by to see what we’re demoing and find out how we can help your school:
- Increase the capacity you need to scale as BYOD grows with 802.11ax (Wi-Fi6)
- Provide seamless connectivity with a variety of access points at an affordable price
- Manage and monitor your network for anywhere in the world with HiveManager, we’ll show you how you can talk to your network with our AI/ML Amazon Alexa integration
Wi-Fi That Delivers A+ Performance
To prepare schools and districts for the mobile-first generation, Aerohive created a wireless LAN architecture specifically engineered for the capacity needs that we see today, by eliminating centralized wireless LAN controllers and optimizing access points for high-density campus connectivity.
- Utilize a distributed control plane with Aerohive access points that actively manage available bandwidth; provide seamless roaming; distribute client load; and adapt to changing RF conditions.
- Prioritize the bandwidth of productive apps and tools with Application Visibility and Control (AVC), while restricting or blocking troublesome apps
- Identify and prioritize important users and devices within the network and assign appropriate QoS policies with role-based access
- Optimize capacity with dual 5 GHz capable access points
Astonishingly Powerful and Simple Management Platform
Aerohive’s HiveManager provides a powerful, yet easy to use network management platform for access points and switches, with a streamlined user experience, intuitive dashboards and a range of troubleshooting tools that make any administrator an instant RF (radio frequency) expert.
- Simplify deployment of one to thousands of devices with auto-provisioning, a guided workflow and an interactive on-screen step-by-step guided configuration assistant
- Increase network visibility thanks to a 360° contextualized view of connected users, devices and applications, that can be viewed in real-time or historically
- Troubleshoot with a help-desk optimized interface to triage client problems and suggest immediate remedies
A Platform that Scales and Supports Your Growth
It’s vitally important to ensure that the technology-driven campus remains focused on learning. Aerohive’s context-based network access ensures that every user and device is identified and governed according to the administrator’s preferences.
- Eliminate the cost and complexity of centralized controller solutions
- Save time and money with gradual deployment and easy operations
- Experience NO single point of failure & inherent high availability due to distributed intelligence model
- Easily add new generation of access points (802.11ax) without replacing costly hardware
As a one-man IT department who oversees a two campus independent school, I don’t know what I would do without Aerohive holding it all together for me.The switches and access points are relentlessly stable. I don’t have to worry about keeping the network up. Thanks to it’s cloud-managed design, I know that my Wi-Fi network will always be working when I come into the office. I love having the peace of mind that with HiveManager, I can manage my network securely anytime and anywhere.
Prior to using Aerohive, I used to have to restart an access point somewhere every day, but I can honestly say that I don’t recall the last time I have had to stop and fix any of my Aerohive hardware in day to day operations. Anytime we’ve needed anything from Aerohive, Jarrod Washington, and the other account managers I’ve worked with over the years, have always taken great care of us. Aerohive treats my small school like a Fortune 500 company! – Chris Carson, Director of IT at Palm Beach Day Academy
The post Empowering the Students of Today to Create the World of Tomorrow appeared first on Aerohive Blog.